This is a simple but effective little piece of typoscript to show random content elements. Continue reading
Since I stopped using TemplaVoila much, I wanted to customize the backend layout for TYPO3 in a native way. I found this nice article which explains how to implement Backend Layouts in TYPO3. I added some tsconfig to customise the backend a bit for an editor.
I struggled some hours to get a RSS feed from tt_news including images. It appeared to be quiet simple. One of the problems was after inserting the NEWS_IMAGE marker in de template that the path in the source was only relative. An absRefPrefix with the baseURL seems to fix this. The template also needed some altering to get it through the W3 validator.
If you would like to read and output a normal tt_content record in an extension, you can do the following. In this example I wanted to have an extra remark / reminder when posting a new topic in the extension mm_forum, which a normal editor could edit in a tt_content element for example text. Continue reading
It could be unhandy at times to haveto work in the default sizes of the htmlArea RTE text-editor and the Typoscript constants en setup windows. This can easily be changed by modifying the backend user and the user settings.
Sometimes it’s handy to put images directly in the RTE instead of attaching them via the media tab in normal pagecontent or in a tt_news article. Together with a lightbox you can than browse through the images, which are spread in the text, like a gallery.
What are the exact steps to make your TYPO3 website multi language on a site with TemplaVoila. This little tutorial explains it all… what to put in typoscript, how to handle realurl and how you can get a language selector on each page. If you like it or miss something please comment on it